When I think of comfort food, I think of soup. Usually chicken noodle soup but a) I came across this wonderful recipe and b) I had some of the stuff in my pantry already so why not?
Shrimp, Mushroom, and Soba Noodle Soup
- 3 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bundle of soba noodles
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 8 oz. large shrimp, peeled
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- Heat canola oil in a large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add ginger and saute for 2 min. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 sec. Add chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Add soba noodles and cook until tender, about 5 min. Stir in soy sauce (decide amt by taste) and turn down the heat until the broth is simmering.
- Add the shrimp to the broth and simmer until just cooked through. Avoid overcooking the shrimp!!
- While the noodles are cooking, heat canola in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add mushroom and cook until almost tender, 4 to 5 min. Stir in broccoli florets and cook until broccoli is tender-crisp and the mushrooms are starting to brown.
Deee-licious, filling, and healthy! There’s something abt soba noodles that just makes me happier than any other noodle out there!
Source: Cookin’ Canuck