Cold weather = comfort food. Usually my comfort food is all about rice+meat (my mama would be proud!) but recently, I’ve been craving me some Italian food! After perusing Cooking Light recipes, I finally found one that was easy to make and would fit all my meat+pasta cravings: Baked Rigatoni with Beef!
Baked Rigatoni with Beef (makes 8 servings)
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground round
- 4 cups cooked rigatoni (about 2.5 cups uncooked pasta)
- 1.5 cups (abt 6 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (abt 1 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare tomato sauce.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cook beef over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain well. Combine beef, tomato sauce, pasta, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese in an 11×7 in baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
I’ve used both ground round and 96/4 ground beef and didn’t taste a difference — I love making healthy subs without sacrificing taste!
I also used whole wheat rigate + rotini cause that’s what I had at the apt. I like having the excuse to clean out my shelves when I can!
Also pictured is a makeshift garlic toast: a piece of multi-grain toast with a little bit of olive oil, a dash of garlic powder, and a little bit of parm cheese. YUM.
Source: Cooking Light (by way of MyRecipes)