I am quite possibly one of the worst bloggers ever. But in my defense, tis been a busy how many months!!
I’ve been meaning to post this recipe so here it goes: the rolled omelet!
I’d never heard of a rolled omelet until I went to a restaurant near my ‘hood. I. fell. in. love. So naturally, afterwards, I tried to see if I could make this myself. Thank goodness for Google! I followed these two recipes: AllRecipes and Martha Stewart but made a few changes:
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup (skim) milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup cheese
As for my choice of fillings, I just happened to have spinach and mushrooms, so that’s what I went with (but I’d love to add tomatoes, ham, etc next time around!)
After preparing all the ingredients:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees
- Spray a 10 in x 15 in pan with olive oil and line with parchment paper. Make sure to leave a 1-inch overhang on the two shorter sides.
- Combine all ingredients minus the fillings (I just whisk them all together but using a blender will work too). Pour mixture into the pan.
- Add fillings (I like to line the whole pan with spinach and then add the mushooms!)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake again for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I like to let the omelet cool for a few minutes before rolling the omelet.
This makes 4 servings but you can change the proportions on the AllRecipes site to increase the number of servings. Eat with roasted potatoes or brown rice (I can’t help myself!). Enjoy!